Below is your aftercare instructions. It is critical to follow all aftercare instructions to prevent complications, scarring and to achieve optimum results.
Please read carefully1. KEEP AREA CLEAN and open to the air. Do not cover with a Band-Aid or anything else, leave your brows open to air. Air/oxygen provides good and faster healing. You should not be touching the area at all. If you find yourself needing to please make sure your hands are exceptionally clean.
2. CLEAN BY BLOTTING AREA with Saline Wound Wash (this can be bought at Walgreens) 3 to 4 times a day using a paper towel or gauze. NO ICE.
3. DO NOT SOAK the treated area in water. You can shower as normal but keep the area out of the shower spray as best you can and do not let the area stay wet for more than a few minutes. It is required to keep it dry but if you do get it wet, gently pat dry.
4. NO BATHING. SWIMMING. SAUNAS. HOT TOBS. TANNING. OR EXERCISE. NO EXCEPTIONS
5. DO NOT disrupt the scabbing process (i.e. no picking, scratching, pulling etc.) All scabbing needs to fall off naturally. If you force or pick a scab off you will disrupt the process and possibly cause scarring. It is critical to keep the scabs on as long as possible to achieve optimum results.
6. TREAT AREA WITH TLC. DO NOT DO ANYTHING AT ALL THAT COULD CAUSE ISSUES OR PROBLEMS TO THE TREATED AREA
7. ONCE ALL SCABBING HAS NATURALLY FALLEN OFF, apply one drop Vitamin E Oil 3 to 4 times throughout the day for a minimum of 4 weeks, or until next lightening session. DO NOT start applying the Vitamin E oil UNTIL all scabbing has naturally and completely fallen off. It is our goal to keep the area as dry as possible until all scabs have fallen off. It is important to the process and integrity of the skin that 8 full weeks of healing take place before another lightening session can be done. No exceptions Lightening and/or removing unwanted pigment is a long process and patience is required. This is true whether you are choosing a Saline service or Laser. Please be patient and give the process a fair chance to work. Expect visible and wanted results in 2 to 5 sessions. How many sessions needed will depend on how saturated the pigment is, how deep it was implanted and how much needs to be removed for the desired result. In many cases only a percentage of the pigment needs to be lightened/removed before we can continue the correction process by color correcting or color shifting. In those cases where we have pigment misplaced or in an unwanted area, color correcting will not be an option and removing as much of the pigment as possible will be our goal. * Results cannot be foreseen, predicted or guaranteed. If at any time you have any green or yellow puss in the area of the removal, or any concerns at all during the healing process please call me and schedule an appointment with your primary care physician for antibiotics.